Extension & Refurbishment of Former Substation, a Protected Structure
The diminutive Protected Structure c.1910, is located on a key corner of the Port Lands at Alexandra Road & East Wall Road, the western bookend of Port Centre’s Corten Turnstile Gates. This location represents the place where the sea met the land until the eastward development of the Port began in the late 18th Century. The scheme currently under construction aims to refurbish the Substation and extend the volume with a contrasting taut glazed box of similar proportions as part of Dublin Port’s Distributed Museums & performance spaces. The original seawall has been excavated within the Substation footprint and will become a permanent display below a glass floor.
This project was carried in association with conservation consultants during all project stages
- Alexandra Road & East Wall Road, Dublin Port
- Extension & Refurbishment of Former Substation, a Protected Structure
- Workplace & Hospitality
- Dublin Port Company Ltd.